What is the Effect of Manglik Dosha in your Life?
Manglik Dosha, also known as Mangal Dosha occurs when a person is under the negative effect of Mars, a malefic planet in Vedic Astrology, which is placed in Ascendant, 2nd house, 4th house, 7th house, 8th house or 12th house in the birth chart. These positions are also to be considered from Moon and Venus. There is nothing to fear or wrong from being the Manglik, because if we consider the positions as described, from Ascendant, Moon and Venus around 70% people will be Manglik.
In Indian Astrology, Mangal Dosha is considered as the foremost component to be judged at the time of Kundli Milan or Horoscope Matching. One of the most formidable outcomes associated with Mangal Dosha is its influence on the longevity of spouse and the conjugal relationship.
Mars is the planet of Strength, Aggressiveness, Energy and its placement in different houses of a particular horoscope indicates its characteristics, depending upon whether Mars is benefic or Malefic in the Chart. A benefic Mars or exalted Mars in Capricorn makes one a balanced and decision making leader in the society. A malefic or debilitated Mars in cancer makes one uncultured and rude.
Planet Mars denotes courage, valour, anger, aggressiveness, arrogance, physical strength, risky pursuits, adultery, administrative capability, leadership, command of an army, dominance, royal pursuits, injury, surgical operations and warfare. It has a bilious constitution. It rules over the musculature and bone marrow in the body. Mars also represents the brothers or siblings of a native, as also the southern direction. Heat, summer, burns and fire are also under the control of Mars. Where the person has Manglik Dosha with malefic placement of planet, it effects each and every aspect represented by planet.
Thus how Mars will react in a particular nativity, depends entirely on the sign it occupies and the house it is placed in. Therefore there seems to be little justification in outright stamping Mars as malefic simply because it is in one of these positions of Kuja-dosha, without honestly judging the sign occupied, houses it is lording over, its strength in Sadvargas or the influence it is subjected to or is casting on the chart in general and on 7th house or the factors related/connected with marriage in the chart under consideration.
Nevertheless, Mars should not be used as a symbol of havoc in married life. Even the planets so called benefics can cause damage when placed in adverse sign, house in relation to lord of Ascendant or to that of lord of house being examined. Benefic planet like Jupiter causes harm and even the most malefic Saturn or Rahu can cause Yoga or benefic combination, but all depends upon location and influences it is subjected to and so is the case with Mars also.
Characteristics of Mangal Dosha
- People of both sexes can be Manglik.
- The planet of Mars represents respect, energy, ego and self-esteem. Therefore one with the Mangal Dosha has a volatile temper. Manglik individuals thus face a lot of problems in bending and adjusting with their partners.
- The energy of Manglik individuals can be compared to that of fire. Therefore this energy needs to be used in the right direction and in doing something constructive, or otherwise they might become ruthless.
- Mangal Dosha affects the married life, mental state, and also leads to financial loss.
- If a Manglik person is born on Tuesday the effects are nullified.
- Also the marriage between two Manglik individuals cancels the negative effects.
Effects of Mangal Dosha
Mars is not all that bad. When in sign of exaltion i.e. in Capricorn, makes one a devoted worker/person, clean, of much mental balance and vitality. When Mars is strong in chart it makes one adopting decisive approach and to emerge as leader in crises, but when Mars is weak or debilitated, (in Cancer) or afflicted other-wise, one behaves as uncultured and un-trustworthy. When Mars in Retrograde, its malefic influence gets increased and may make one to behave more mischievously.
There are certain conceptions associated with presence of Mars in different house with Kuja Dosha like:
- Mars present in Ascendant or in 1st house, indicates health problems, delayed marriage, stubborn and rash person, inactive incoherent. The 1st house represents the house of spouse. Thus it normally affects the married life leading to unnecessary conflicts. It might also lead to physical assault and violence. Due to such unacceptable behavior such a person might suffer from tension, distress, separation or even divorce.
- Mars present in 2nd house, house of family, indicates worries, expenditure, internal disputes. A person's family life is affected. It also creates obstacles in the married life and the professional life.
- Mars present in 4th house, house of domestic place, indicates marriage harmed by Karmas, lack of domestic peace as one wants to have his own ways, in all matters. This will have adverse effects at the professional front. Such a person will switch jobs and also will not be successful professionally. Financial trouble will keep lurking.
- Mars present in 7th house, indicates unhappy married life, clashed with spouse. Therefore, presence of Mars in certain house does not make it bad whereas proper study of position of Mars with respect to sign occupied i.e. placed in which Rashi, its house lord, its strength or any influence should be considered. Such a person has too much of energy and will be ill-tempered resulting in not being able to maintain cordial relationship with family members. Also this person will be very dominating and dictating over his or her partner and s/he might also have many partners.
- Mars present in 8th house, house of legacy, logivity and death, indicates problematic married life, longevity suffers. Such a person will be lazy and will not be able to maintain a rapport with his or her elders and thus will lose paternal property.
- Mars present in 12th house, house of expenses, hospitalization and salvation, creates financial problems, may make one impotent, accident prone and no bed pleasure. Manglik individuals will have enemies. S/he will also suffer from mental problems and financial losses.
Cancellation of Manglik Dosha/Kuja Dosha
There are certain planetary configurations which cancel the negative influence of Manglik Dosha, if any.
- If a Manglik boy marry a Manglik Girl, the Manglik Dosha is cancelled.
- If Mars is in Ascendant in Aries, the Manglik Dosha is cancelled.
- If Mars is joined or aspected by Jupiter, the Manglik Dosha is cancelled.
- If Mars is in 2nd house in the sign of Mercury i.e. Gemini or Virgo, the Manglik Dosha is cancelled.
- If Mars is in 7th house in Cancer or Capricorn, the Manglik Dosha is cancelled.
- If Mars is in 8th house in Sagittarius or Pisces, the Manglik Dosha is cancelled.
- If Mars is in 12th house in Taurus or Libra, the Manglik Dosha is cancelled.
- If Mars is in conjunction with Moon or is in Kendra from Moon, the Manglik Dosha is cancelled.
Remedies to negate Manglik Dosha
Knowing the severity of the impact of Manglik Dosha, if there is a difference in the Kundli then such marriage is not allowed and should not happen. Usually, in such cases, Manglik Dosh remedy is performed. The difference in Manglik dosh can happen when one of the prospective partner’s Manglik dosh is high or low level. Apart from this a person whose Manglik Dosha is of the high level then such person face the problem of delayed marriage or may end up with no marriage at all. In such cases, the only solution is Mangal Dosh remedy to ward off the impacts of Manglik Dosh. Even if you match two yog and they have Manglik Dosha it is recommended that they should be of the same level.
- Kumbh Vivah - As per this ritual, the Manglik person marries banana tree, Peepal tree or the idol of Lord Vishnu (silver or gold).
- Fasting - Mangliks are also advised to fast on Tuesday. Mangliks should consume Toor Daal.
- Chanting Mantras - Reciting Navgrah mantra or Mangal mantra on Tuesday can reduce the impact. Reciting Gayatri mantra 108 times a day is also effective.
- Gemstones - Mangliks are advised to wear red coral gold ring on the ring finger of right hand.
- Marriage after 28 - Mangliks should get married after the age of 28, it is believed that the effect of this dosh lowers down with the age.